Best places to escape the summer heat
Probably most people look forward the approaching of summer. This is the most favourite season, a promise for long walks, outdoor activities, sport, sunbathing and wonderful moments at the beach. Not everyone, however, thinks so. Many people around the world do not enjoy very warm weather and high temperatures, and they always seek and dream about pleasant cool weather. Here are 10 places that will offer you plenty of coolness even in midsummer.
1. Scotland. With pleasant temperatures between 18 and 20°C, the northernmost part of the UK remains fresh and cool during the summer season.
This is a great place to spend your summer vacation, especially if you are one of the people who, for one reason or another, hardly tolerate heat.
Moreover, you will enjoy a number of amazing palaces and cities with beautiful architecture.
2. Alaska. Covered with lush greenery and wild flowers, the northernmost state of the United States is very beautiful during the summer months when its nature flourishes.
In July and August the average daytime temperatures are usually about 17 – 19°C in Anchorage and even lower in the north, so that the summer coolness is almost 100% guaranteed.
3. Redwood National Park. Influenced by the Pacific, the magnificent coniferous coastal forests of Redwood National Park in Northern California offer a number of shady trails in combination with invigorating weather conditions suitable for long walks even in midsummer.
The average daytime temperature in July and August is usually about 16 – 17°C, in rare cases up to about 20°C.
4. Ireland. Traveling through the dazzling green landscapes of Ireland is a great way to escape from the hot summer days in the south. In July and August the Emerald Island enjoys pleasant spring-like temperatures of around 19 – 20°C.
And one more thing – if you are going for a walk do not miss to take an umbrella or at least a raincoat. Keep in mind that the weather here is really unpredictable and sudden rainfalls are not uncommon.
5. Finnish Lakeland. If you dream to escape the hot and dusty urban environment, you can’t go wrong choosing Finland.
This Nordic country is proud of its thousands of lakes, offering clear, cool and fresh air with pleasant temperatures mostly between 17 and 23°C during the hottest months of the year.
6. Alps. The serrated mountain range located in the heart of Europe is not only an attractive ski center. The summer months here will enchant you with their beauty and freshness.
The Alps offer green mountain meadows, picturesque villages, fragrant pine forest and enjoyable pleasant temperatures of around or slightly above 20°C.
Even in places such as the Swiss city of Lucerne, which is located in the foothills of the Alps, temperatures rarely exceed the barrier of 25°C.
7. Bulgarian mountains. The Rhodopes, Rila, Pirin and Stara Planina are among Europe’s most beautiful mountains, and they offer a feeling of blissful coolness in the heat of summer.
What could be more pleasant than to enjoy medieval monasteries tucked among old coniferous forests while the temperature outside is up to about 20 – 24°C.
8. Denmark. The fairytale country of Hans Christian Andersen is a paradise for people who love spring-like and refreshing weather.
With an average daytime temperature of about 20 – 21°C in July and August, the weather in Denmark is warm enough to spend a lot of time outdoors and still fresh enough to be comfortable.
9. Mount Rainier National Park. During the summer months Washington is one of the coldest states in the United States. Famous for some of the most beautiful coniferous forests in the world, Mount Rainier National Park is located at the heart of this emerald green land.
In August, the warmest month of the year, the average daytime temperature barely reaches 17°C. If you are a lover of natural beauty and hate hot weather, this place will make you fall in love with it.
10. Norway’s Fjordland. During the period of unbearable summer heat the fjord coast of Norway seems like an oasis in a desert. The average daytime temperature is usually between 15 and 20°C, and everything reminds of a nice spring day.
The landscape is dominated by deep green nuances, and the Atlantic brings the unforgettable scent of ocean air and fresh breeze.