Top 10 leading culinary destinations
The cities around the world that are known for their restaurants and their incredible cuisine with unique flavors and aromas are not one or two. In this article we offer you a list with the ten cities (including an island) with the most delicious cuisine in the world, and which one is the best – judge for yourself. The cities are arranged in a random order.
1. Naples, Italy. Naples has always been among the world’s leading culinary destinations. It is considered to be the birthplace of the most famous dish in the world – the incredible Italian pizza.
The city is the best choice for those who love to eat good food in good quantity. Here you will find countless restaurants serving traditional Italian and Mediterranean cuisine.
You will be surprised what a great culinary treasure-hold is Naples. This is the best place to taste dishes prepared to traditional Italian recipes you have not even heard of.
2. Crete, Greece. Greek cuisine is one of the healthiest in the world. With its millennial traditions, it is extremely rich in flavors, fragrances and ingredients. But undoubtedly Crete is the culinary heart of the Mediterranean country.
This is where you will find the most delicious dishes prepared from the highest quality products in the world, especially local olives, olive oil, citruses, vegetables and unrivaled cheeses.
3. Hong Kong. It is no secret that people from all over the world have a great weakness for delicious Chinese cuisine. It is extremely diverse in ingredients and ways of preparing food.
Even if it sounds cliché, Chinese cuisine really offers something for every taste, and meals are usually served in large portions.
Perhaps the best place to experience the culinary heritage of this part of the world is Hong Kong – a city with old traditions in preparing Chinese food and a large number of great restaurants.
4. Adelaide, Australia. Amidst the hot and arid landscapes of South Australia is one of the most “delicious” cities in the world – Adelaide. Surrounded by fertile lands and caressed by the warm sun, it boasts some of the finest wines beyond the Mediterranean, delicious fish dishes and delicacies.
Adelaide blends Mediterranean food preparation traditions with typical Australian products such as meat from kangaroos, which, according many culinary virtuosos, has pretty good taste.
5. New Delhi, India. New Delhi is known as the city with the largest selection of restaurants, and it is considered to offer the best of the best, at least as regards the food you will find there. India is famous for its spices, so do not be surprised by the strong flavors and aromas.
Most dishes are too spicy for people that are accustomed to the Western diet. However, you will discover tastes and foods that you have not even imagined.
6. San Sebastian, Spain. The culinary heart of Spain is located in the far north of the country, on the coast of the Bay of Biscay. This is the place most of the traditions in the preparation of food in the Iberian country come from.
You will have the opportunity to visit some really amazing and worth visiting restaurants in which to enjoy traditional Spanish meals.
7. Oaxaca, Mexico. When we speak about food, we do not have to miss the name of Oaxaca. The city located in the mountains of southern Mexico is the source of countless Mexican culinary traditions.
For people that are more seriously interested in cooking, there are available a number of good classes in the city.
8. Tokyo, Japan. Japan boasts one of the most delicious cuisines in the world, and its culinary heart is the capital Tokyo. You can start by trying a portion of sushi and a cup of sake in some of the thousands of great restaurants.
In fact, Japanese cuisine has two main advantages – it is generally very healthy and is quite unknown despite the numerous Japanese restaurants around the world.
In general, most people know just a small number of popular dishes, but visiting Tokyo you will find that this is just the tip of the iceberg.
The city is able to make you break your diet no matter how disciplined you are. The variety of dishes, of course, is considered the largest in Europe, and even ordinary dishes such as a portion of sausages are able to make you lick your fingers.
French cuisine is distinguished with something else. It is very subtle and combines a large number of ingredients without going too far.
10. Bangkok, Thailand. Because of its exceptional qualities, Thai cuisine becomes more and more popular year after year. It is aromatic, tasty and spicy, and it combines very skillfully sweet and sour flavors as well as tropical fruits with meat and fish.
The essence of Thai cuisine can be experienced in the city with multi million population – the capital Bangkok. City of fun, it offers an unimaginable variety of great restaurants.