Top 10 world’s best yachting destinations
At least once in his life, every lover of adventure has dreamed to dump everything for a little while and to take an exciting sailing journey to a really charming place. Just imagine: the yacht is gliding across the surface of the water, the fresh sea air is filling your lungs, sea birds are flying against the clear and cloudless sky, and you are enjoying the picturesque coastline not far from you. Our planet is probably much more beautiful than you could have ever imagined in your wildest dreams.
If you are looking for the most beautiful places in the world, and if you are wondering where to spend an amazing yacht sailing holidays, we offer you a few ideas that will not disappoint you.
1. Greek Islands. The Greek Islands are probably the best place in the world to take a yacht journey during the summer holiday. The islands are thousands so you have the chance to make you journey totally unique.
Deep blue sky without a single cloud, dark blue waters, crystal clear coastal lagoons, white sandy beaches, brown cliffs and traditional snow-white houses with blue-painted window shutters make the Greek Islands the most memorable sailing destination.
2. Dalmatia. One of the most interesting and worth seeing sailing routes in the world runs along the magnetic Dalmatian Coast.
They call it the new Riviera because of its pristine beaches, transparent waters and lush vegetation along the shore. Old cities appear one after another in small sheltered coves.
These settlements are a great place to get off the boat and soak up the local atmosphere. Here you can admire the stone buildings and narrow cobbled streets, and you can also buy some local souvenirs.
3. The coast of Norway. The coast of Norway is a unique paradise. Hundreds of emerald green islands and peninsulas, deep inland fjords carved by glaciers, mirrored waters, small Scandinavian towns and an incredible feeling of calmness and relaxation will make your journey along the shore of Norway the most indescribable experience in your life.
The most important thing you should check before you travel is the weather. Do not forget that Norway is a northern country and the best time to visit this coastal paradise is late June and early July when temperatures are most pleasant.
4. Balearic Islands. The Balearic Islands boast an exceptional beauty. Because of this reason they are considered to be one of the most favorite tourist destinations in the world.
Sailing around the islands of Ibiza, Mallorca, Menorca and Formentera, you will find places you have seen only in postcards and glossy travel magazines. Following the coastline, you can see bright and quiet secluded coves with clear water and lovely views.
They offer picturesque coastlines, romantic rural landscapes and the most azure waters you can wish for. If you get tired of lying on the yacht or swimming in the crystal clear waters, you could explore some of the old villages with narrow streets and old houses.
You will be amazed by the flavor of hot Mediterranean summer and the gentle song of crickets.
6. New Zealand – Bay Of Islands and fjords. No matter if you are planning to explore New Zealand’s North or South Island, this country will charm you with its endless beauty.
The North Island is famous for its Bay Of Islands, one of the most beautiful places in the southern hemisphere. The South Island in turn will make you fall in love with its breathtaking fjords.
Steep mountain slopes, mirrored water and an amazing feeling like you’re at the most detached and isolated corner of the planet – this is something that really must be experienced.
7. Southern coast of Alaska. Harsh and vast, Alaska is one of the last really wild places on our planet. If you are planning to sail along the picturesque shores of this boundless northern land, this is likely to be one of the most exciting experiences in your life.
Select the warmest months of the year, take warm and comfortable clothes and do not forget at home you adventurous spirit – there’s a lot to see and do in Alaska.
The wildlife in this part of the world is just amazing! It is not uncommon to see huge eight metres long orca whales, bald eagles and large bears looking for food near the fjord coast.
8. French Polynesia. Lovely scenery, unparalleled tropical beauty, white sandy beaches dotted with palm trees, transparent lagoons, indescribable coral reefs, thousands of paradise atolls barely protruding above the surface of the warm blue waters of the South Pacific.
It’s hard to put into words something so beautiful such as French Polynesia. This remote piece of paradise is located tens of thousands of kilometers from Europe and America. It is a place for adventurers and sailors who want to experience the world of wild and deserted tropical islands.
9. Lesser Antilles. Scattered amidst the crystal waters of the Caribbean Sea, between the coasts of Venezuela and Puerto Rico, Lesser Antilles offer scenery you have never even dreamed of!
Their beauty is out of this world. Fabulous coastline dotted with coconut palm trees and green forested hills make this part of the world one of the best places to travel by boat.
Sailing around the islands, you will realise what is a real tropical paradise.
10. French Riviera. Yacht trip along the Cote d’Azur in summer is a guarantee to spend an unforgettable summer vacation. Why do celebrities want to spend their holidays here?
Quite simply, because of the irresistible combination of tranquility, forested hillsides, fresh air, caressing sun, magnificent coastal views and plenty of luxurious.