What are the superpowers of the 21 century?
The 21-st century is a period of unification and globalization. One day it will remain in the history as an era dominated by large countries. Have you ever asked yourself what will be the next world super powers? The future still keeps a secret. There are numerous different statements and assumptions we read and listen every day in the news. Whether all these forecasts will come true or not we cannot say for sure. However, the economy is a pure science governed by rules, and for this reason some relatively good forecasts can be done.
1. Europe. The best perspective to become the next superpower of the 21st century certainly belongs to Europe. The European Union and its partners in Europe have become a symbol of stability, democracy and soft power.
Europe has become the most important international factor in solving humanitarian crises and armed conflicts in different parts of the world.
The European Union is one of the most attractive trading partners with a giant market and population of 504.5 million people.
2. The United States. Lot of people underestimate the United States, and they say that the time of its greatness has passed.
But is that true, and is it possible? What is today the United States is the result of centuries of hard work based on democratic values and free markets.
Today’s success of the country is also the result of old business traditions, image, education and lifestyle.
The truth is that the U.S. probably will keep its position as a world leading economy in the 21-st century but will share the leadership with other great powers.
3. China. With a population of 1.3 billion people, it is hardly surprising that China will be one of the leaders in the world in the 21 century.
Some economists even assume that the country will overtake the United States as a world leading economic power in the third decade of the 21st century.
Today China is the factory of the world. Much of the goods and technologies that surround us are manufactured in the Asian countries.
4. India. The economy of India is relatively smaller compared to China, but we can not miss the fact that today the country is among the major economic powers in the world and continues to progress rapidly.
In the near future India is expected to become the most populous country in the world and to overtake China in terms of population, though it is not expected to overtake China in economic terms.
5. Brazil. The last country in the list of superpowers is Brazil. In a short period of time the former poor Latin American country has become a leading global economic factor.