Speaking about the best beaches in Australia, it should be noted that they are one of the most beautiful not only on the continent, but also in world. This is not surprising, because the country is situated among the warm waters of two oceans and has a coastline of over 25 500 kilometers. Sunny climate and very fine sandy beaches in combination with transparent and vibrant waters, coral reefs, wildlife and the remote location of the country, makes Australia a real paradise.
Few years ago, Australia was really unknown to the foreigners, but the strong advertising campaign in the country, showed to the world the incredible wealth of the local nature.
Here are some of the best beaches in Australia and, of course, in the world.
1. Turquoise Bay / Western Australia. Turquoise Bay is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. It is located in the western parts of the state of Western Australia.
It has crystal clear ocean waters, beautiful coral reefs and fine white sand. The location is ideal not only for swimming, but also for diving. The visibility under the water is amazing. This enables you to enjoy the amazing underwater wildlife.
2. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island / Queensland. The island is situated in the tropical waters of the Pacific Ocean, just off the coast of Queensland, among the waters of the Great Barrier Reef.
Whitsunday Island beaches are among the most amazing on the planet. The beauty can not be described in words.
The sand with nuances of ivory and the azure waters are unbelievable. The beauty makes man to be shuddered in awe opposite the wonder that the nature has created.
3. Esperance / Western Australia. Esperance is a city in the state of Western Australia, located on the shore of the Great Australian Bay.
The city and its picturesque surroundings hold some of the most beautiful beaches on the mainland with white sand and clear ocean waters.
The biggest part of the beaches, are often empty even during the main tourist season, when the Australian summer is in its high, and the nature is very preserved and wild.
Possess fine golden sand with light orange nuances. It is a favourite place for leisure for the citizens of this vibrant metropolis. The surfers come here from all over the world in all four seasons.
5. Jervis Bay / New South Wales. Jervis Bay is deeply incised into the land gulf, located in the southern parts of the state of New South Wales.
The bay is oval shaped and its relationship to the Pacific Ocean represents a relatively narrow strait, which is responsible for the placid waters of the bay.
White sand and crystal clear waters complemented by dense vegetation that surrounds the bay. The atmosphere is very romantic and this is an ideal place for the lovers of peace and quietness.
6. Manly Beach. This is one of the most beautiful urban beaches on the continent and in the world. It is located in the northern parts of the bay of Sydney. There are golden sand and clean ocean waters.
The beach is quite specific. It is a narrow strip of land that is surrounded by water on two sides – from the bay and the ocean. The place is really one of the best known of the continent.
Here are flocking crowds of surfers and tourists from all around the world and from early spring to late autumn due to the warm subtropical climate.
7. Lizard Island / Queensland. Lizard Island is an island that has very beautiful and peaceful beaches, coves and lagoons with clear waters, where you can swim among the coral reefs or dive with the dolphins.
The place has an unique tropical charm. The island has unspoiled and clean nature without any traces of contamination.
This is a paradise for tourists who want to find solitude among the waters of the Great Barrier Reef in tropical Australia.
8. Surfers Paradise/ Queensland. Surfers Paradise is located in the southern part of the Australian state of Queensland and is located very close to the third-largest city on the continent – Brisbane.
The world famous resort posses a gorgeous beach with fine and light sand. The ocean waves here are often huge, making the resort one of the best places for surfing on the planet. The wide and long beach never seems too crowded.